UK woman jumps from hotel balcony to escape Agra rape bid
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Close on the heels of the gangrape of a Swiss tourist in Madhya Pradesh, a 25-year-old UK woman today jumped off a hotel room here to save herself from an alleged sexual assault bid and suffered a leg fracture.
The tourist, who had checked into the hotel in Idgah area two days ago, said a man entered her room early in the morning on the pretext of giving her a massage and tried to molest her, police said.
She suffered a leg fracture in the escape bid, police said, adding the girl has been admitted to the district hospital.
The UP police have arrested the hotel owner Sachin Chauhan, a Delhi native, on charges of molestation and have booked him under relevant sections of IPC, Circle Officer of Sadar police station Ram Suresh Yadav said.
In the aftermath of the incident, the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has reviewed its travel advisory for women travellers to India, while making a reference to the gangrape of a 39-year-old Swiss tourist in Madhya Pradesh on March 16.
"We are aware of an incident involving a British national in Agra, India, and are urgently looking into it. We are in contact with local authorities and are providing consular assistance to the woman," an FCO spokesperson said.
It said, "Women travellers should exercise caution when travelling in India even if they are travelling in a group."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held