Venues changed for 34th Federation Cup
The venues of the 34th Federation Cup football championship that kicked off here on Wednesday have been changed after rain played spoilsport at the JRD Tata Sports complex.
The decision was taken at a team managers meeting here last night after participating teams, including defending champion Salgaocar SC and I-league champion Dempo SC, expressed dissatisfaction.
As per the revised schedule, the venues of Group A and D matches to be played on September 22 and 23 were swapped.
While Prayag United Versus Pune FC, which was to take place at Keenan Stadium, has been changed to JRD Tata Sports Complex, the United Sikkim vs Salgaocar SC encounter, which was scheduled to be held in JRD Tata Sports Complex, will now take place at Keenan Stadium.
Both matches of Group D will be played tomorrow.
Similarly, the Group A matches slated for Sunday between Pailan Arrows, Kolkata and Shillong Lajong were shifted from Keenan Stadium to JRD Tata Sports Complex while Mumbai FC versus Dempo SC was shifted from JRD Tata Sports Complex to Keenan Stadium.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow