VHP calls for Ram temple in Ayodhya
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
At a sant sammelan in Ayodhya on Monday, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) appealed to the saints and other people to vote in favour of those candidates in Lok Sabha elections who could take steps for construction of a Ram Temple at Ram Janmbhoomi. VHP patron Ashok Singhal also asked the gathering to elect candidates with religious nature and a clean image. Around 900 saints assembled at Karsevakpuram in Ayodhya and took a pledge to press the demand of Ram Mandir construction at Ram Janmbhoomi. The sant sammelan was jointly organised by the RSS and the VHP.
CM: 40 foreigners over-staying in state
Lucknow: Forty foreigners including 37 Pakistanis and three Bangladeshis have over-stayed their visa duration in the state. The information was given in a written reply by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to Bhartiya Janata Party's MLA Sangeet Singh Som in Assembly Monday. However, none of them were engaged in terror activities or functioning as sleeping modules.
Chinhat violence: 180 students held
Lucknow: Over 180 students of Babu Banarasi Das Engineering College were arrested in connection with the violence in Chinhat area on Sunday night , in which at least 21 persons including policemen were injured and several vehicles were damaged. However, all were released on bail by Monday evening. Police said the students had jammed the Lucknow-Faizabad highway after a first-year student of the college was hit by a car coming towards Lucknow around 6.30 pm on Sunday. Circle Officer (Gomti Nagar) Nityanand said the students had to take the injured boy to the hospital in an autorickshaw as the college authorities did not permit them to use the college ambulance. Following this, the students started the protest against the college administration and jammed the highway.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held