Vice President visits Old Fort, other monuments
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Vice President Hamid Ansari today visited the Old Fort also known as the Purana Qila, one of the oldest monuments in Delhi.
Ansari also visited the Archaeological Museum and the Qila-i-Khuna Mosque where the Museum Superintending Archaeologist Daljit Singh briefed him about the various ancient and historical monuments located within the Fort premises and the steps taken by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for their preservation.
Old Fort which is perceived to occupy ancient mound concealing ruins of city of Indraprastha related to the epic 'Mahabharata' has some major monuments in its premises such as the Sher Mandal, Hamam, Bada Darwaza and Baoli.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet