Vice President visits Old Fort, other monuments
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Vice President Hamid Ansari today visited the Old Fort also known as the Purana Qila, one of the oldest monuments in Delhi.
Ansari also visited the Archaeological Museum and the Qila-i-Khuna Mosque where the Museum Superintending Archaeologist Daljit Singh briefed him about the various ancient and historical monuments located within the Fort premises and the steps taken by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for their preservation.
Old Fort which is perceived to occupy ancient mound concealing ruins of city of Indraprastha related to the epic 'Mahabharata' has some major monuments in its premises such as the Sher Mandal, Hamam, Bada Darwaza and Baoli.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM