Vice-principal of BEd college killed in road accident
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The vice-principal of Bachelor of Education Training Institute died when a motorcycle hit her at Surajpur junction in Greater Noida on Wednesday morning.
According to police, the biker crashed into 45-year-old V Sharda, who was standing on the road divider and trying to hail an autorickshaw to go to her workplace in Greater Noida around 8.30 am.
" Eyewitnesses told us that a bus hit an autorickshaw from behind, which in turn rammed into a motorcycle. The impact was such that the motorcycle climbed the divider and hit the woman. She fell and hit her head on the road. She died on the spot," a police officer said.
The officer said the bus driver fled the scene and efforts were on to nab him.
"A case has been registered are further investigations are on. We have not named the autorickshaw driver or the biker in the case. According to eyewitnesses, it was the fault of the bus driver which led to the accident. The bus was at high speed and the driver couldn't apply the brakes on time," a police officer said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet