Vice-principal of Don Bosco school arrested for molesting girl
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A minor student of Don Bosco school at Yerwada was molested allegedly by its vice-principal, who was arrested on Tuesday after public outrage and protests outside the educational institution.
Vice-principal Iju Francis Falkau, 54, had called the 14-year-old girl, in his office on January 2 around 1 pm when he allegedly molested her, police said.
Based on a complaint, a case was booked against the accused yesterday under sections 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) and 511 of the IPC and subsequently he was arrested today, they said.
Workers of several political parties today protested the alleged offence and demanded strict action against the accused. They gathered outside the school and shouted slogans against Falkau.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow