Vijay Kumar conferred Rs one crore and Himachal Gaurav Award
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
London Olympics silver medallist shooter Vijay Kumar from Hamirpur district of Himachal was conferred with Himachal Gaurav Samman and also a cash prize of Rs one crore by the state government.
The 'Himachal Gaurav Samman' was conferred on Vijay at the Independence Day function at Kullu by Chief Minister P K Dhumal, who also gave him a cash award of Rs 1-crore for his achievement and bringing laurels to the country.
Dhumal also handed papers of 1200 sq mts plot of HIMUDA at Baddi in recognition of his outstanding performance at London Olympics.
The Chief Minister also conferred 'Tagore Samman' on veteran folk singer Gambhari Devi of district Bilaspur for her outstanding contribution in preserving and promoting Himachali folk art.
Special Prizes were also given to Special Children and their coach for their selection to participate in the Special Olympics being organised in Korea in 2013.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet