Vijaya Dashmi festival begins at Shirdi
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Vijaya Dashmi festival began at Sai Baba shrine in Shirdi today with devotees participating in a number of programmes marking the four-day revelry.
The festival is celebrated to mark Saibaba attaining 'maha samadhi' on the Dussehra day 93 years ago, Sai Baba Trust Executive Officer Kishore More said.
The festivities began early morning with special 'aarti' followed by a procession from the temple premises to Dwarkamai where Sai Baba spent nearly 60 years of his life.
Devotees from within the state and from states line Andhra Pradesh, Orissa to name a few have arrived in the temple town.
A devotee from Orissa Bipa Dutta Ramdas walked 3000 kms in 80 days to reach here carrying a wooden palanquin of Sai Baba on his head, More said.
According to him, a traditional procession of devotees who take one-day vow as mendicants will be taken out tomorrow, besides various programmes to mark the festival.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations