Vinayaka Chathurthi celebrated in Tamil Nadu
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
People across Tamil Nadu today celebrated Vinayaka Chaturthi -- the celebration of the birth of Lord Ganesha -- with religous fervour.
Special pujas were performed at various temples across the state. In some temples, 'Ganapathy Homam' a ritual seeking peace and prosperity, was performed early in the morning.
People offered prayers to the God of knowledge and remover of obstacles and offered him 'kozhukattai', a sweet south Indian dish.
Famous temples across Tamil Nadu, including Uchipillayar Temple in Tiruchirapalli and Vinayakar temple in Pillaiyarpatti in Madurai district wore a festive look.
At the Uchi Pillayar Temple, a giant 25 kg 'kozhukattai' was offered to the main deity.
In some parts of the state, the main deity was taken out in a procession through the streets
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa extended her greetings to the people on the occasion.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held