Vinayaka Chaturthi festival celebrated with fervour in Pondy
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Vinayaka Chaturthi festival was celebrated on Wednesday in Puducherry with traditional fervour and gaiety.
The clay models of the Lord Ganesha were selling like hot cakes and people installed the new idols at homes to perform poojas and other rituals.
People made a beeline to the famous shrine of Manakula Vinayakar in the heart of the town to pray to the presiding deity.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet