Vintage classics set to hit city roads on Sunday
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
In the motorcycle rally, Dossa says, nearly 20 such vehicles are expected to participate. "The Solomon Brothers have already confirmed that eight of their motorcycles will be entering the event. A 1911-12 Triumph Pre-World War motorcycle is slated to be the oldest. In addition, Subhas Sanas' GTS Rajdoot, which was used in the film, Bobby, will also be participating." There will be an inspection of the cars on Saturday, where they will be checked for their engine compatibility and their condition. On Sunday, the drivers will be given a head-up on the traffic conditions, the route and all other important details related to the fiesta.
Among other cars, which have a heritage value, are the Chevy Impala (1963 model) used by the late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi, and a Ford Model A from the pre-War era. Besides, cars owned by Yash Ruia, Subhash Sanas, Vivek Goenka and Yohan Poonawalla will be taking part in the rally. Dossa says the cars will also receive awards at the end of the 30-km travel — the Concours D'Elegance for cars. "It is the highest award given for such vintage cars," says Dossa.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow