Virbhadra Singh, Vidya Stokes figure in Cong list for HP polls
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Himachal Pradesh PCC President Virbhadra Singh, CLP leader Vidya Stokes and former state party chief Kaul Singh Thakur figure in the list of 68 Congress candidates released by AICC today for the November four Assembly elections in the state.
Virbhadra Singh, a five-time Chief Minister, has been nominated from Shimla Rural constituency. A member of Lok Sabha, Singh had resigned as Union Minister in June, a day after a Shimla Court had framed corruption charges against him. He also has his stamp on a majority of the seats for the 68-member Assembly announced by Congress.
While Stokes has been fielded from Theog, Thakur is the nominee from Darang. Thakur had made way for Virbhadra Singh as PCC chief recently.
Vijay Singh Mankotia, who has been re-inducted into Congress after he patched up with Virbhadra Singh, will contest from Shahpur. Mankotia had levelled corruption charges against Singh and his wife and had come out with a CD in that regard a few years ago.
Senior leader Dhani Ram Shandil and Gangu Ram Musafir have been fielded from Solan-SC and Pachhad-SC respectively, while AICC Secretary Asha Kumari will contest from Dalhousie. All India Mahila Congress chief Anita Verma will contest from Sujanpur.
Anil Sharma, son of former Union Minister Sukh Ram, has been made the party nominee from Mandi, while Ajay Mahajan, son of former PCC President Sat Mahajan, will contest from Nurpur. Kush Parmar, son of Himachal Pradesh's first chief minister Y S Parmar, will again contest from Nahan. He is the sitting MLA.
Former state minister G S Bali has been fielded from Nagrota, Rangila Ram Rao from Sarkaghat, Ram Lal Thakur from Naina Devi and former Youth Congress president Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu from Nadaun. Sitting MLA Harshwardhan Singh Chauhan will contest from Shillai, Mukesh Agnihotri will contest from Haroli and Brij Bihari Lal Butail from Palampur.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow