Virender Sehwag clears fitness test, set to play 1st match vs KKR
Senior opener Virender Sehwag will play in Delhi Daredevils' opening Champions League Twenty20 encounter against IPL champions Kolkata Knight Riders at the Centurion on Saturday after he clearing the fitness test here today.
Sehwag, who suffered a ligament strain on his left ankle during India's final Super Eights game against South Africa in Colombo recently.
"Virender Sehwag today appeared for a fitness test which was conducted by Kirk Russell. He cleared the test and was declared fit to play in the tournament from the start," a Delhi Daredevils official said today.
Sehwag today also played a warm-up game against Sydney Sixers.
However the practice match didn't go along expected lines for the out-of-form opener as he was yorked for nought by pacer Josh Hazlewood as Daredevils managed only 107 against the Big Bash champions.
Daredevils captain Mahela Jayawardene and star opener David Warner however didn't play the game. While Warner was rested, Jayawardene had an appointment with the dentist and was unavailable for the match.
With a paltry total on the board, Delhi Daredevils finally lost the practice game against Sydney Sixers by five wickets.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow