Virender Sehwag raises questions by skipping net session again
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
The Indian team's way of handling senior opener Virender Sehwag and the player's own attitude in this ongoing World Twenty20 is certain to raise questions whether all is well in the Indian camp.
On the eve of the high-voltage match against arch rivals Pakistan, Sehwag was again seen skipping the entire net session although he did participate in a football game.
While skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Virat Kohli also did nott bat during the hour and half net session having played yesterday¿s match, it was inexplicable to watch Sehwag relax and enjoy a chit-chat with other team members when serious questions are being raised about his form and commitment in the shortest format.
During the afternoon training session, the Indians enjoyed their game of soccer for close to 75 minutes – a lengthier session by their standards. Sehwag was goalkeeper of one team and played the entire duration.
Finally, when the net session started, it was again Irfan Pathan who was all padded up and had the first hit in one of the two nets.
The fact that Pathan, who scored 31 off 30 balls against Australia, batted first in the batting session is seen as an indication that he may again open against Pakistan.
Skipper Dhoni has always had a penchant of bowling 'wrong one' to Indian media and it won¿t be a surprise if Sehwag walks alongside Gautam Gambhir against Pakistan as Irfan Pathan's technique was not good enough for handling a crafty bowler like Umar Gul.
However one expected Sehwag to have a decent hit at the nets when likes of Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina and Gambhir all looked serious during the session.
Sehwag was seen present in a melee chatting in a relaxed manner with Dhoni and Kohli. While Dhoni and Kohli had a reason not to bat, Sehwag, if he is fit (as claimed by team management) had no reason not to bat at all.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'