Vishwaroopam released amidst tight security
Kamal Hassan's Vishwaroopam released in Lucknow amidst tight security on Friday.
There was strong police deployment at theatres and malls where the film opened.
Although its morning screening could not go through due to a delay in the arrival of prints, the noon show of the film went ahead as planned and there were no untoward incidents.
A small protest was irganised by All-India Sunni Board demanding that the "objectionable" portions be removed from the film. The demonstration followed Friday prayers at the Taqwayatul Iman mosque.
SP leader Ram Asrey Kushwaha had said on Thursday that Hassan's film could be banned in UP.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow