Voter population 66.81 lakh in district, dips by 7,533
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
This year, 2.9 lakh voters were added against last year's 2.8 lakh
The final voter list, after additions and deletions, shows 66.81 lakh voters in the district as compared to the 66.89 lakh last year, a decrease of over 7,533 voters. The list will be declared on January 15.
This year, 2.9 lakh voters were added against last year's 2.8 lakh. Form-6 for inclusion of names to the voter list had 3.1 lakh entries of which 2.77 lakh were accepted. While the number that came in for deletion under Form 7, for duplication of names, were 75,283, voters who had shifted were 1,18, 478. There were 76,510 voters whose names were deleted as they had passed away. The total voters recorded by the district administration was 66,81,586 while last year the number was 66,89,119.
"The drive elicited a good response and a lot of corrections were done and nearly 8,000 names were deleted this year," said Vikas Deshmukh declaring the total number of voters.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held