WAC handball trophy for Chandigarh Area
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Chandigarh Area outplayed Pathankot Area by 24-11 in the final of the Western Air Command Inter Area Handball Championship at 12 Wing, Air Force Station in Chandigarh on Saturday. Six teams from various areas under Western Air Command participated in the championship played on league cum knock out basis for three days During the meet Western Air Command handball team was selected to participate in the forthcoming Air Force Handball Championship scheduled to be held at 3 BRD, Air Force Station, here in April. Air Cmde SC Chafekar distributed the prizes.
Final positions: 1 Chandigarh Area, 2 Pathankot Area, 3 Hindon Area, 4 Bhatinda Area, 5 Adampur Area, 6 Jammu Area.
Gymnastics tournament tomorrow
Chandigarh : The Chandigarh Gymnastic Association is conducting 39th Chandigarh State Gymnastic Championships (all age groups of artistic, rhythmic, acrobatic, aerobics and trampoline) at Sports Complex , Sector 7, here from February 4 to 6, according to CGA general secretary Inderjit Singh, all the schools/colleges and departments have been invited to participate in the Championship. Those interesting to take part should give their entries to gymnastics coach N. Shashi at Gymnasium Hall in Sector 7 on February 2. The teams to participate in Senior National and Sub-Junior National to be held at Patiala will be selected during this championship from February 26.
KCW, Ludhiana claim overall title
Chandigarh: Khalsa College for Women, Ludhiana claimed the overall title with 21 points in the Panjab University Inter-College Power Lifting Championship on Saturday. The second spot was claimed by GGS Khalsa College for Women, Kamalpura while GN College, Narangwal claimed the third spot. In the 47 Kg category, Sandeep Kaur of Khalsa College for Women, Ludhiana claimed the top spot while Harpreet Kaur of MTSM College for Women, Ludhiana claimed the second spot.The third spot was claimed by Sukhdarshan of GN Khalsa College for Women, Ludhiana. Meanwhile, Khalsa College for Women, Sidhwan Khurd claimed the title in the Panjab University Inter-College Kho Kho Championship (Women). Government College for Girls, Ludhiana claimed the second spot while Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur claimed the third spot.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet