Wagon derailment chokes traffic
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A goods train derailed between Boinchi and Debipur stations on Tuesday afternoon leading to cancellation of 13 long-distance trains and affecting EMU services along Bandel- Burdwan section. Fifteen rear wagons of the goods train, loaded with coal, derailed. The derailed wagons blocked both the up and down tracks due to which long-distance trains had to be diverted, a railway spokesperson said. Two 140-tonne cranes were deployed to remove the derailed wagons, which also damaged a section of rail tracks. Senior officers reached the site and inspected the wagon removal work.
Sealdah-Assansol Intercity Express, Sealdah - Rampurhat Passenger, Kolkata-Muzaffarpur Tirhut Express, Laluiilla Express, Howrah-Delhi Janata Express, Howrah-Malda Express, Howrah-Azimganj Express, Howrah-Mokama passenger, Howrah-Rampurhat Passenger, Howrah-Rajgir Passenger, Dhanbad-Howrah Black Diamond Express, Rampurhat-Sealdah Passenger, Kolkata-Jasidih.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow