Wall collapse: Councillor did not wait for allotment letter
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The under-construction building of independent councillor Randhir Singh Sibia, which led to the death of three workers due to the wall collapse, was illegal. The councillor had not even waited for getting the allotment letter issued in his name.
On March 1, three workers had died while digging basement while another three had been injured.
The land was under the department of colonisation and it was auctioned on February 6 this year, according to sources in the department.
Though the councillor had deposited 10% of the initial amount after the auction, construction can not be started unless the allotment letter is issued, according to the sources. The tehsildar of this department also needs to give physical possession of the site after issuing the allotment letter. However, the councillor was in a hurry to start construction without waiting for such approvals.
Moreover, the construction of basement can be done after seeking permission. "After the allotment letter is issued, the allottee needs to seek permission for any structural changes, including construction of a basement, that he or she wants to make," said an officer requesting anonymity.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations