Watches with Cong MLA photo seized in Guj for MCC violation
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Election officials have seized a cache of watches, bearing name and photograph of a Congress MLA, meant for distribution during Navratri celebrations in Moti Khawadi village, officials said.
"Around 154 watches bearing name and photograph of Congress MLA Raghavji Patel from Jodia constituency have been seized for violation of model code of conduct (MCC)," Y B Srinivasan, an EC official said.
"A detailed report of it will be sent to election commission head office," he said.
The wall clocks were meant for distribution during an event organised as part of the ongoing Navratri festival celebrations, Srinivasan said.
The event organisers along with party workers had begun distribution of watches when the seizure was made, sources said.
The MCC came into force from October 3, in election bound Gujarat. The Assembly polls in the state are slated to be held in two phases on December 13 and 17.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations