Watchman arrested for molesting student
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The Kondhwa Police Wednesday arrested a watchman for allegedly molesting a 10-year-old girl at the madrasa campus.
According to the police, the suspect identified as Abb as Hussain Rajab Ali Sayyad (40) is a resident of Uttar Pradesh and is unmarried. He was employed with Jamaiyyapur Raza Madrasa, Meethangar.
He was arrested after the victim's father, a resident of Kondhwa Khurd lodged a complaint. Senior police inspector Prasad Hasabnis said, "The girl is a fifth standard student of a local school and had gone to the madrasa when the incident occurred."
The classes at the madrasa are conducted between 5 pm and 6 pm everyday. On Sunday, the father dropped his daughter and 5-year-old son at the madarasa as per the routine at 5 pm.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet