- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
It's finally official — after years of researching and talking about it, filmmaker Shekhar Kapur has shook hands with Yash Raj Films for his ambitious project Paani. "I have been preparing for this film for a long time, but always wanted an Indian partner that has the same passion for the film as I do and in Aditya Chopra I have finally found that. It's a huge production that demands futuristic sets and large action pieces. With Yash Raj Films, I have found a perfect home for Paani," said Kapur in a statement to the press.
The film is based in future, where wars over water have broken out in the world. Water is now owned by international corporations who use thirst as a weapon of control. In one such future city, a young love story breaks all the rules and in the ensuing war, water flows back to its people. The film will have a strong Indian and Western star cast, headed by a young leading actor from India and a young leading actress from the West. The film, produced by Aditya Chopra and directed by Shekhar Kapur, will be shot in India and overseas and has music by AR Rahman. It goes on floors mid 2013.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held