Wave Group appoints Ponty Chadha's brother Rajinder Chadha as CMD
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Ponty's son Manpreet Singh Chadha has been appointed as the Vice Chairman of the group.
"Wave Group announces the appointment of Rajinder Singh Chadha as its Chairman and Managing Director and Manpreet Singh Chadha as the Vice Chairman of the group with effect from December 1, 2012," the company said in a statement.
Ponty and his brother Hardeep, who had an ongoing property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chattarpur farmhouse on November 17.
The police has arrested 10 people, including the then Uttarakhand minority commission Chairman S S Namdhari and his PSO Sachin Tyagi.
"The appointed management will spearhead the overall growth and expansion of Wave Group across its vast portfolio of sugar manufacturing, distilleries, paper manufacturing, real estate, multiplexes, education and retail management," the company said.
Mainly responsible for the group's back office, finance and accounting, Rajinder currently is administering the sugar manufacturing, entertainment, paper and other businesses.
"The group shall endeavour to follow the principles laid by him (Ponty) and today, we take this opportunity to tell our stakeholders that the company still stands strong in its future endeavours," Rajinder said.
Manpreet had joined his father in the business at the age of 19 years and has been leading the operations and launches of Wave group's retail and entertainment businesses – Centrestage Mall, Westend Mall, Wave Cinemas and Wave Infratech, comprising commercial & residential real estate.
"We would like to maintain that the progress of all our projects is on schedule and state the fact that together we stand committed in re-assuring all our customers, channel partners and stakeholders, ensuing prompt and timely delivery of all our projects," he said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM