WCD department to promote weddings at the registrar office
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Keep it simple and get married at the registrar's office is the message the Women and Child Development (WCD) department of Maharashtra wants to spread as part of its gender sensitization programme. Varsha Gaikwad, State WCD minister said the department was thinking of offering incentives for getting married at the registrar office.
To respect girls, WCD scheme for boys mooted
A scheme for adolescent boys has been proposed by the WCD ministry. Union Minister of State for WCD Krishna Tirath who was in Pune to attend the 'No Girl No World' regional consultation on a national action plan for improving the sex ratio at birth said boys in the age group of 11-18 years would be trained to respect girls and women.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet