We are all in shock, it is too painful... the fight has just begun: Delhi gangrape victim's family
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Many neighbours turned up to pay their last respects too. "I live in the next street, and even I did not know the girl was from here. When I heard about it at around midnight, I was shocked," said a local resident.
"She was a paramedical student, but we all knew her as the local doctor. She was among the toppers of her school," said a close friend of the victim's brother.
The victim's family is slated to go to their native village in Ballia district on Monday, for at least ten days. "It is painful being in this house, there are too many memories, and we all want to get away now. We have to go to the village to complete other rituals," said her brother.
But they were yet to get confirmed train tickets on Sunday evening. "There were so many police officials and VIPs here. Now we will try and see if someone can help us get confirmed tickets for Monday," he added.
And when they return to Delhi, they will just have one goal. "The fight has just begun. We want all the accused hanged, and we will fight for that, till the end," said the brother.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held