We are all upset, says Ajay Devgn on Sanjay Dutt verdict
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Actor Ajay Devgn today said he was saddened by the Supreme Court's ruling on Sanjay Dutt.
As per the Apex court's verdict yesterday, Dutt would have to serve a five year sentence in the 1993 Mumbai blasts case.
The 53-year-old actor will have to spend three and a half years in jail as he has already spent 18 months in prison.
"We all are very upset. I am going to meet him now. We are in his support and we will do as much as we can," Ajay said, talking to reporters here at an event.
Apart from Ajay, a host of B-town denizens today called on Dutt at his residence in suburban Bandra. It included filmmaker Karan Johar, Hrithik Roshan, Mahesh Bhatt and Raj Kundra.
Sanjay's sister and MP Priya Dutt and MLA Ashok Jadhav too were seen there.
Yesterday, Vidya Balan, Raj Kumar Hirani, Sujoy Ghosh, Milan Luthria, Prabhu Deva, Anees Bazmee and others were spotted entering the 'Imperial Heights' building, where Dutt lives.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet