Weaver kills 3-year-old stepson
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
In a shocking incident, a man allegedly killed his 3-year-old stepson by bashing him to the floor on Saturday. Police said that Muhammad Sikander (29), a resident of Janakpuri, had killed Mohammad Sanual (3) on Friday after allegedly being enraged over the toddler urinating on a quilt he had been weaving.
The incident came to light on Saturday after the three-year-old's mother, Savia Khatun, registered an FIR with police at the division number 6 police station. Police said that Sikander is a cloth weaver by profession and was weaving a quilt when the incident took place. It is a case of second marriage for both husband and wife.
While the husband didn't have any child from his first wife, who had passed away, the wife brought her two sons with her from her first marriage.
One aged 6 and the other aged 3, who was killed by the accused.
"We have booked the accused under section 302 of Indian Penal Code. The wife of the accused registered the FIR on Saturday although the murder happened on Friday and we have arrested the accused immediately," said Randhir Singh, sub-inspector, police station division number 6.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’