WeChat launches walkie-talkie style Live Chat
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
Tencent launched a updated version of WeChat for Android and iPhone users. The latest update 4.5 includes walkie-talkie style live voice chat, which allows a group of friends to have instant voice conversations within the group with a simple touch action. It's like walkie-talkie devices in real world – one person can speak at a time but everyone can hear.
Another feature is Group Chat, generated with a unique QR code, which can be shared for inviting new members into the group.
The users have an option of backing up and restoring their chat history with a single-touch and for iOS users, also the ability to search through chat history.
Talking aboout the the new update, Dennis Hau, head of product center, International Business Group, Tencent said, "The new update is part of our endeavor to delight our users with the most innovative and best available mobile messaging options. The new Live Chat feature has been introduced based on user feedbacks and we believe it will be a great hit among users."
The popular, free mobile voice and text messaging application, which has 300 million registered users globally, was launched in India in July last year across iPhone, Android, Symbian, and Windows mobile platforms and has recently been launched on the BlackBerry platform as well.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'