Weight loss: As you sow, so shall you reap
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The drive to lose weight can be your reflection or a rude remark, but many remain apprehensive of attaining their goals. While some manage successfully, others lack commitment and go back and forth on diets, and always buy the latest 'miracle drug'. However, it takes more than just a diet to lose weight.
Follow your diet
Most people think they are motivated enough to move to a strictly regulated diet, but I find that they fail to put it in practice. No diet or exercise programme has permanent benefits. The good news is that when the diet becomes a part of your daily routine, following it is not a struggle. This results in a heightened sense of well-being.
Do not embark on the journey until you are ready. Going back and forth will make it harder to lose weight and make you permanently obese. 'Yo-yo' dieting lowers metabolism by 5 to 10 per cent, and hence, it may be healthier to stay the way you are than to damage your body. You should start only when you are ready to make a lifelong commitment and comfortable with the change. There is no 'quick fix' for weight loss.
The most commonly accepted definition of a successful diet is weight loss. Just as scoring well in exams does not always ensure wholesome education, weight loss does not point to a successful diet. How you lose weight determines success or failure of the diet. If weight loss has been achieved with the right learning and attitude, it is likely to be pay off in the long run. This is the definition of a successful diet programme.
The word diet comes from the Greek word 'diaita', which means a `way of life'. It has very little to do with common perception of diets. Remember that the best diet is completely integrated with your routine. You should be able to follow it for the rest of your life. If not, work towards making it like that. Find comfort in it and love it. Else the chances are that it will be short-lived.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’