When Amitabh Bachchan bested Sachin Tendulkar, Narendra Modi, Nitish Kumar and more
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has won the title of India's Prime Icon ahead of cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Bachchan, 70, was felicitated by actresses Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma at an event here where he was given the title.
"Honoured and humbled that Priyanka Chopra and Anushka Sharma take time out to present me India's Prime Icon of 2012 at CBS/BigFM.
"Prime Icon??!! Gosh that is far too far fetched for me... and to have Sachin, Lataji, Aamir (Khan), SRK (Shah Rukh Khan), Modi, Nitish (Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar)... as contenders," he posted on Twitter.
Bachchan also said that he reached the venue on time,while the attendees were yet to arrive.
"Reached venue on time at 7 pm, and no one there...!! Story of my life... so did a mock speech, mock award receipt and mock left!
"But most importantly the audience had students from 4 prime colleges of the city - IIT, Management School... for a live interview," he added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow