- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Madhuri Vs Juhi
When the role played by Karisma Kapoor in Dil Toh Pagal Hai was initially offered to Juhi Chawla, she had refused it. Reason: she wasn't sure the kind of screen space she would get with Madhuri Dixit, who played the main lead. Almost 15 years later, the two seemed to have buried their professional rivalry as they get ready to share the screen for Gulaab Gang, produced by Anubhav Sinha. While Anubhav had signed Madhuri a while ago, he was looking for another popular face to make the film more saleable. After several rounds of negotiation, Juhi came on board. Gulaab Gang is an action drama with both the actresses playing leaders of opposing teams. The film is named after a popular women's group in Uttar Pradesh that takes up the cause of women fighting against various injustice such as domestic violence, sexual harassment and dowry.
One person who is singing praises of Akshay Kumar these days is choreographer Ganesh Acharya. While shooting the songs of Khiladi 786, the actor surprised Acharya with his dance moves. While shooting for Oh Bawariya at a mall in suburban Mumbai,Acharya wanted Kumar to dance on a high structure. However, there were no steps to climb on it. While the crew was busy figuring out a way to put Kumar there, the actor was suddenly spotted dancing on top of it. A Khiladi movie really brings out the best in him.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet