White paper on irrigation getting ready: CM
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said on Monday a white paper on irrigation was being prepared and would be presented during the winter session of the state assembly next month.
"The white paper will first be put before the cabinet and subsequently before the state assembly. We will present it in the winter session," he said.
There has been speculation regarding the content of the white paper. It remains to be seen whether it will be an "occasional paper" presented by the government or a statement "fixing responsibility" for lapses and delays in execution of irrigation projects over the last few years.
Last week, water resources minister Sunil Tatkare held a meeting with CM to apparently discuss the issue.
NCP leader Ajit Pawar resigned as deputy chief minister after newspaper reports claimed large-scale irregularities in projects when he was the irrigation minister. While accepting his resignation, NCP had said Pawar would remain out of office till a "white paper" was presented bringing out truth.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held