National Alpine skiing championship begins in Auli
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The national alpine skiing championship got off to a colourful start on the slopes of Auli in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district today with a march past by 16 participating teams from across the country.
The main competitions at the three-day annual event are scheduled to begin from tomorrow.
On the opening day 96 participants from different states including Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Punjab staged a march past followed by a cultural programme in the presence of Winter Games Federation of India officials. Chamoli District Magistrate S A Murugesan was the chief guest on the occasion.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations