Widening trade gap credit negative for India: Moody's
Since foreign-currency debt plays a larger role than foreign investment in financing India's trade deficit, the external debt burden has risen to USD 365 billion as of third-quarter 2012 from USD 137 billion in third-quarter of 2006.
"Should the current trend of more rapid growth in debt and import payments than export earnings and non-debt inflows persist, these ratios, and thus India's vulnerability to external shocks, will deteriorate significantly," the rating agency said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow