Wife, elder brother held for murder of 38-year-old man
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
According to the police, on December 10 night, Pervez and Alifiya waited for Mathar to fall asleep. Alifiya's 10-year-old daughter was sleeping in another room. As soon as Mathar was asleep, Pervez allegedly tried to strangle him with a wire that he had kept under his pillow beforehand. However, Mathar resisted and this unnerved Pervez, who called out to Alifiya for help, said officers.
Pervez and Alifiya allegedly smothered Mathar with a pillow. "Pervez then chopped the body while Alifiya watched. The duo stuffed the pieces into gunny sacks, which they kept in the house for a day. On December 12 night, they waited till Alifiya's daughter had fallen asleep and dumped the sacks in Titwala," Naik said.
Alifiya and Pervez were produced in court on Tuesday and remanded in police custody till December 21.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held