Wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq, brother given government jobs
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
The wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq was tonight appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Welfare by the Uttar Pradesh government.
Brother of the slain officer was also appointed as constable.
"Parveen Azad has been made OSD Welfare while Haq's
brother, Sohrab Ali, was appointed constable welfare
department," a home department spokesmen said here.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised
government jobs to two members of the police officers family
when he visited Deoria to meet the bereaved family earlier
Haq, circle officer in Kunda from where Raja Bhaiya is a
five-time MLA, was allegedly killed by a mob in Balipur
village on Saturday when he had rushed there after a village
head was shot dead over a land dispute.
The slain officer's wife has alleged that Raja Bhaiya,
who resigned from the state Cabinet after an FIR was filed
against him, had a hand in the attack.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations