Wife suspects husband’s extra-marital affair, commits ‘suicide’
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Thirty-year-old wife of an auto-rickshaw driver allegedly committed suicide by consuming pesticide on Monday night. Gujjan, a resident of Krishangarh, was taken to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, by her husband, Shyam Lal.
One of the police officials said, "Gujjan and Shyam had a quarrel on Monday evening, following which Gujjan consumed pesticide. However, Lal forced her to spit it, but her condition had worsened by then".
Gujjan and Lal were married for 14 years, and have a 12-year-old daughter and 9-year-old son. The daughter told the police that Gujjan suspected that Lal had an extra-marital affair with a resident of Mauli Jagran. The police said Gujjan's family members had been informed and they were waiting for her family to initiate the inquest proceedings.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held