Will come to Tihar only to take Afzal Guru's body: family
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
Asked about Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde's statement that the government can consider allowing the family to offer 'fatiha' (prayer) on Afzal's grave, Yasin said it was of no use.
"Where will we offer faitha? We want to bury him here(in Sopore)," he said.
He termed as "cruel joke" the letter received yesterday from Tihar Jail authorities informing the family about Afzal's hanging.
"The arrival of the letter yesterday was like rubbing salt into open wounds of the family...the wounds which may never heal," Yasin said.
He alleged that the leaders of the country were playing politics over the death of Afzal.
"Afzal was hanged -- rightly or wrongly, we don't want to go into that -- but politicians should stop playing politics," he said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow