Will meet refinance target by June: NHB
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The National Housing Bank (NHB) on Saturday said it expects to provide Rs 9,000 crore refinance assistance to institutions providing home loan in the next six months to meet its annual target of Rs 17,000 crore by June next year.
"Our budget is to give loans (refinance assistance) of Rs 17,000 crore from July to June period. We are confident that we will be able to meet our target," NHB Chairman and Managing Director RV Verma said on the sidelines of the National Real Estate Development Council (Naredco) convention here.
So far the housing loan refinancier has provided refinance assistance of about Rs 8,000 crore, he added.
Out of this entire target, about 90 per cent of the lending will be for houses priced below Rs 25 lakh, Verma added.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow