Will not constitute new team: Bajpai
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
BJP state president Laxmikant Bajpai has decided to continue with the working committee formed by his predecessor Surya Pratap Shahi — till the new state president is elected in November.
Bajpai, who assumed the charge of party state president this April, had postponed the constitution of a new working committee in view of the local bodies elections. Formation of the new state team was postponed further following the presidential elections. Bajpai had announced to form the new team by end of July.
" I had planned to form a state team with nearly 70 per cent new faces. But it would not be easy to work smoothly with new faces when a comprehensive membership drive is already going on and organisational elections are going to start after two months," Bajpai said.
Bajpai said the new state president will have to form a new team again after the elections. He appeared confident of getting a term of three years in the elections.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet