Delhi gangrape: Woman ‘fearless’ in recording statement, recalls her torture
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
SDM Usha Chaturvedi visited the woman in the Safdarjung hospital ICU and spent two hours with her. During the period, the victim tried to "talk a bit" and "scribbled parts of her statement".
Deputy Commissioner of Police (South) Chhaya Sharma said: "She has given a fearless and bold statement. It corroborates with what her friend has told us."
The doctors said the woman was "calm and composed, and willing to give her statement to the investigators of the case", therefore, they allowed the SDM to record her statement. Sources said during the process no one was allowed inside the ICU, other than SDM Chaturvedi.
It is learnt that the woman corroborated details provided by her friend, a 28-year-old engineer, who was also assaulted by the men. Sources said most questions were based on the engineer's statement and needed to be answered with a 'yes' or 'no'.
The victim reportedly told the magistrate that a scuffle started between her friend and the other men on the bus and she intervened. She said the attackers tried to throw her friend off the bus, but he put up a strong resistance.
Sources said the woman told the SDM that the men hit her friend on the head with a rod and he fell unconscious. One of the attackers (identified by police as Akshay Thakur) hit her and dragged her to the rear of the bus, she is learnt to have told the magistrate.
The victim's statement, a copy of which has been given to the Delhi Police, will be produced in court.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow