Woman, 6-yr-old girl murdered
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
An unidentified woman and a six-year-old girl were allegedly murdered in Gesupur village here, police said today.
The body of the 45-year-old woman was found in a forest near Gesupur village yesterday, police said, adding that an injured girl was also found laying near the woman.
Police rushed the girl to a hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries, they added. The girl could be the woman's daughter, they said. Both have been killed with a sharp-edged weapon. The identity of the victims has not been established, they said. The bodies have been sent for postmortem and further investigations is on, they added.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations