Woman alleges rape by friend
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
A woman, resident of Chandigarh has alleged rape by a friend, Mukesh Kumar, a resident of Kangra on the pretext of marrying her. The accused had allegedly gone to Kangara a few days back and got married there.
The victim had approached the Sector 26 Police Station on Saturday. According to the police officials, the woman had been in a relationship with the accused in May 2012. At that time, the accused had promised to marry her.
A few days ago, the accused told the victim that he is going back to his home for a few days. Through a common friend, the victim came to know that the accused is about to get married there. She made a complaint to the police.
The police however says that the accused had a marriage ceremony soon after he went there. "We have dispatched teams to arrest the accused in Kangra," said a police official.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow