Woman attempts suicide by jumping before Metro, loses legs
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 28-year-old woman, who was believed to be mentally disturbed, today allegedly attempted suicide by jumping before a moving train at a Metro station in east Delhi.
The woman was rushed to a GTB Hospital in Dilshad Garden in east Delhi where doctors amputated both her legs.
The woman, who resides in Dilshad Garden, was waiting for a Metro train at Welcome station at the very beginning of the platform and CCTV could not capture her image.
As the train approached the platform, the woman jumped before the train but the driver applied emergency brakes.
The woman was immediately taken off the platform and rushed to the hospital with severe injuries to her leg, sources said.
The incident around noon led to delay in services on the Line 1 (Dilshad Garden to Rithala).
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held