Woman bar employee found dead in Malwani house
- Sreesanth, Jiju Janardhan lived in independently booked rooms: Cops
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Maxwell falls early in stiff run-chase
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
Malwani Police probing the suspected murder of 29-year-old Parveen Sheikh, found dead in her residence Friday afternoon, said she used to stay alone in the Agra Gully house and work in a beer bar.
They said she had moved into the rented house only a month ago. Nothing was stolen from the house and the motive for the murder seems personal, police said.
Neighbours realised foul smell was coming from the house and informed her sister, who stays in Malad. They also told her Parveen had not been seen for the past three days.
The sister found the house door bolted from outside. She opened the door to find Parveen lying dead on the floor. "The body was decomposed. We have sent the body to Bhagwati Hospital for post-mortem and are awaiting report," said assistant commissioner of police Jaywant Hargude.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations