Woman doctor gets bail
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A local court on Tuesday granted bail to Dr Saraswati Munde, who has been chargesheeted along with husband Dr Sudam Munde and 15 others in a female foeticide case.
District sessions court Judge S T Mahajan granted her bail on a surety of Rs 3 lakh and certain conditions. The court has warned her not to pressurise any witnesses in the case and refrain from medical practice until the case is solved. The court has also asked her to remain present at police station every alternate day.
Munde was given bail on the ground that she has spent 105 days in jail and was no longer required in custody. Public prosecutor Ashok Kulkarni said they would appeal in the Bombay HC against bail.
According to sources, she would, however, continue to remain in jail in connection with the illegal sex determination case of 2010. The doctor couple is currently lodged in Nashik district jail.
The couple is accused of carrying out an abortion on sugarcane worker Vijaymala Patekar, who was in her second trimester, at their hospital in Parli in Beed district on May 18, which resulted in her death.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow