Woman found murdered in home, valuables missing
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A 49-year-old woman was found murdered at her residence in Chhani area of Vadodara on Monday morning.
Police suspect loot could be a reason behind the murder as the house had been ransacked and certain valuables were missing.
Deep marks around her neck suggested that she was strangled, police said.
The woman, Sarojben Solanki, was reportedly alone at her house when the incident took place.
Her husband Dayabhai Solanki, a truck driver, had been away on duty for the last five days while her two sons were in Surat.
The incident came to light when her son Jignesh Solanki returned from Surat this morning, police said, adding that investigation was on.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held