Woman gangraped in Tamil Nadu, 10 arrested
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 20-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped by 10 persons on the banks of Manimuktha river near here, police said today.
Ten person were arrested in connection with the incident yesterday, police said.
The woman, hailing from Gurumangalam village near here in Cuddalore district, was speaking to her relative on the banks of the river when the gang members pounced on them.
The gang attacked the women's relative when he tried to protect her and later raped her, police said.
Based on the women's complaint, police registered a case and admitted her to Mundiampakkam Medical College hospital.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow