Woman held for kidnap attempt
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
A 25-year-old woman was detained in Central Delhi on Tuesday after she allegedly tried to kidnap two kindergarten children from outside a school. Police suspect that the woman is mentally disturbed.
The incident was reported from the Chandni Mahal area at 11 am on Tuesday.
Police said an alert caretaker at the gate of the nursery school prevented the woman from taking away Insha and Aman. The two girls are from Kucha Kalan in Old Delhi.
"She told the caretaker at the gate that they were her daughters. But as soon as she picked them up in her arms, the children started crying. That alarmed the caretaker and she stopped the woman. She also alerted the school staff and police about it," Additional Commissioner of Police (Central) Devesh Srivastava said.
Police later found that the woman, a resident of Dilshad Garden, has been undergoing treatment in Institute of Human Behaviour & Allied Sciences (IHBAS).
"We cannot disclose her name. A case of kidnapping has been registered at Chandni Mahal police station," an officer said.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held